Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Technorati, c+

First of all, if a website is not reliable, it is not a good website. I am hoping that this is not one of them. But it did failed to show up for this whole afternoon. So I can't give it a pass to this website right now and will check it later to see if I can access it tonight.

All right, I can get on this website now. So what makes this so popular? Humans' curiosity. You can't resist the temptation to find out what others are looking for and reading about. The Technorati meets this particular need. I explored around this website and discovered some features it offered. Also I set up an account and claimed this blog on Technorati. But I don't have much interests in using this in the future. Looking through Top Searches, I found none of them having anything to do with my professional or personal interests. Looking through Top Tags, I can hardly agree with most of them to be a Tag. I understand I should not use the standard of Subject to qualify words to be a Tag, but at least I think they should make more sense than just an adjective word, such as "hot". I totally agree with the basic idea of the Web 2.0, user-centric, but it won't make things better if it totally lost of control. I wish it best, but right now I give it a C+.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites