Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Final words on Learning 2.0

I am glad that I am reaching the end of the program, not just for the MP3 player. Even though I learned and experienced most of the 23 things before this program, I still learned a lot from the program and have a better big picture of the landscape of the Web 2.0 than before. A couple things learned on the way of this program did make me thinking about how to implement similar applications for our library. Yelp is one of them. How about let our patrons write reviews on our programs or services? Or let them to tell us what kinds of program or services they are looking for and let others to vote on it? We definitely can use those tools to promote our services, like posting library news on YouTube, to extend our service, like Podcasting our story times or book clubs, or to add new service, like personalizing our library website to fit patrons' different needs. I know this is the end of the program, but not the end of the Learning 2.0. We will have a long way to go to keep us from falling behind the digital world.

By the way, I think our AskAway blog is a great application of the Library 2.0 and thank you for doing that for all of us in the system.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites