Wednesday, June 6, 2007

About NetLibrary

To be honest, I have never thought NetLibary as an application of the Library 2.0. Maybe because I happened to know it a long times ago and at that time I had never heard about Web 2.0 or Library 2.0. But thinking it over, it dose fit the main feature of the Library 2.0, user-centered online application. It not only provides an online collection of ebooks and eAudioBooks, but also provides functionalities for users of taking notes and marking down favorites. I tried to download eAudioBooks before and it worked fine for me. As a librarian, I recommend this service to our patrons almost everyday. Some patrons like it and make a good use of it. Some patrons just hate the format, especially for those without a high-speed Internet connection. I truly believe that the NetLibrary will play an important role in the future of our library.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites